Tuesday 18 May 2010

Reclaim Privacy - the Facebook widget

Reclaim Privacy
I noticed a great little widget that you can use on Facebook that tells you what information you might be sharing with others. Simply go to www.reclaimprivacy.org and click and drag the "scan for privacy" link to the widget to your bookmark bar (if you're unsure, the site has some great help files). Then log into Facebook and click the bookmark. You'll see in the grab below that thankfully I'm protected from a lot of my information being made public. The "caution" amber field tells me to beware of a few settings. In this example, some of my contact information is exposed to the whole internet. You can access and fix the relevant privacy settings, then click and re-scan. Easy. Already 30,000 people have become a fan of the Reclaim Privacy page on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment