Sunday 1 February 2009

Deleting my own content from Facebook

What irritates me about Facebook is there's:

1) no easy way to delete my own content apart from clicking Edit > Delete on every post. When you have literally hundreds and possibly thousands of posts, this is more than a chore. You might be tempted to recruit professional Facebook Deleters to do the job for you.

2) no way to track the reams of content I've posted beyond my own profile. If I make a comment on Dave's profile or on the Muppets message board that I later think is inaccurate, how can I find a list of messages I've written and delete them? And what if someone is an impressionistic 16-year-old who forms some dangerous opinions which, in hindsight, they realise are ignorant and detrimental to future employment prospects? How can they find out where they posted the content so it won't be tied to their profile?

Facebook makes it so hard to do, and there is barely any information on deleting posts. So what can we do? Any suggestions on easy ways to manage where our own content is going and where?

1 comment:

  1. I found that if you are on your wall itself (as opposed to wall comments displayed on your opening page)you just have to roll your cursor over the upper right hand corner of each post and a hidden 'remove' button is displayed. Just hit the button, you get a confirmation request, and then it's gone.

    ReplyDelete